- What brought you to CrossFit?
We moved to Eastern Gilbert two years ago and our old gym was now too far away, so we joined a closer gym. I love the 5am class so I can get to work on time afterwards. You are the only gym within range that has a 5am class.
- What was your first impression?
The coaches are the happiest coaches! They make working out fun.
- How has that changed?
It hasn’t changed. Getting to know the other athletes is great. I love working out with Heather.
- What was your first “Bright Spot”?
Uh, I don’t know what a “Bright Spot” is.
- What are you working on now?
I’m keeping the weight low and working on more reps and better form. I’m an older guy and CrossFit keeps me healthy and mobile.
- What’s your favorite CFLT memory?
A hike with the group that Mike Gordon led in the Superstitions.
1. What brought you to CrossFit?
I was talked into doing CrossFit officially by Erich! But he didn’t single-handedly get me in the door. I had always been around the community of CrossFit LT and for the longest time refused to join. It was the persistent of a lot of the older members that finally got me to try out a membership. It was Erich that built my confidence and courage up to walk in the door and do my first wod and keep me coming back for more and more!
2. What was your first impression?
CrossFit was scary ! I remember the first few times I tried to go to class I would sit in my car and try to come up with every excuse in the book to drive right out of the parking lot. I remember seeing strong women that were throwing weights around like it was nothing and I had yet to even touch a barbell. The intimidation wore off after my first few classes and I developed such great friendships, but at first it was scary!
3. How has that changed?
Well clearly I have done a 180 from the scared girl that used to sit in her car ready to drive away at the best excuse I could come up with! Now I look forward to seeing the wod everyday and seeing what new ways I am going to get to push my body and of course I love being able to see all my LT family!
4. What was your first “Bright Spot”?
I don’t think I could pin point one bright spot because they keep happening. Some of my favorite moments are/were:
– always working out with Kirstie! She is my rabbit ! I hope one day I can be as strong as her.
– Jen helping me get my first pull up as she judged me in my first opens.
– having Erich as my partner in wods on Saturday’s. We push each-other so much!
– getting to see new members learn new things ! I remember what it was like starting out and nothing makes me happier than seeing people achieve their goals.
– and lastly, being around all the members everyday! I wish I got to attend more of a variety of classes but i love all the athletes at the gym! And getting to know everyone is amazing!
5. What are you working on now?
What am I not working on right now! In general my CrossFit goals are to keep building weights on my bar and gymnastics!
6. What’s your favorite CFLT memory?
I kinda combined with bright spots see above.