Summer is officially in full swing and heating up the kitchen does not sound appealing. This time of year the grill is a great tool to make great tasting food without making the AC work even harder than it needs to in this Arizona heat. There are so many foods that can be cooked on the grill besides meat, including veggies, fruit, potatoes, etc. Let’s be honest, the smell of a grill screams SUMMER!
What is better than a burger fresh off the grill? A fail proof juicy burger! It is very easy to overcook a burger making it dry and chewy, but with this recipe, you will have a crowd pleasing, luscious burger that never fails. Don’t have a grill? Not to worry! These taste great cooked on a grill pan, cast iron skillet or just a regular cooking pan on your stove top.
- 1 lb ground beef*
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup 505 Flame Roasted green chilies
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start your grill and bring it to medium-high heat
- While the grill is warming up, mix all the ingredients into a large bowl
- Form 4 equal size patties and flatten them to about 1/2 inch thickness to ensure quick and even cooking.
- Place the burgers on the hot grill and grill the burgers until cooked to your preference, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. To test for doneness, insert an instant-read meat thermometer through the side of a burger into the center. The internal temperature should be about 145°F for medium-rare or, if using commercial ground beef, cook it to at least medium, 160°F.
- Remove from grill and let rest a few minutes
- Place on bun of choice.
- Add fixings of choice and enjoy!
If you don’t like or can’t have red meat, this recipe is great to use ground turkey or ground chicken as it is less likely to be dry from the chilies and cheese. Dairy not agree with you? Just leave out the cheese and add some extra chilies.
Nutritional Break Down per serving (4 servings total):
Fat: 16.2 g